There are thousands of scholarship opportunities out there but still, there are some prestigious ones that their financial aid funding is higher and more demanding by intending students. In this post, I will be sharing with you the list of top ten prestigious scholarships for international students to study abroad.
Below are the list of the prestigious scholarships around the world.
1. MasterCard foundation Scholars Program: The vision of the MasterCard Foundation Scholars program is to educate and develop bright yet economically marginalized young people in Africa who have a demonstrated “give-back” ethos and who will contribute to the transformation of the continent. It will transition promising young people from beneficiaries to benefactors, preparing them with the values, knowledge, skills, and leadership to fuel economic and social progress across Africa. The Scholars Program is anticipated to benefit 15,000 young people within 8 to 10 years.
2. Fulbright Scholarships (USA): The Fulbright Scholarship Program is the flagship international exchange scholarship program between the U.S. Government and 155 countries. Each year, approximately 1,800 Fulbright scholarships are awarded to excellent foreign students who wish to pursue a Masters or PhD Degree in the United States. The Fulbright Scholarship Program provides full funding for the duration of the study which includes tuition, textbooks, airfare, a living stipend, and health insurance.
3. UK – Commonwealth Scholarship Program: Each year, the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission invites each nominating agency, university or university body to forward a specific number of nominations for the commonwealth scholarship for developing countries. Approximately 200-230 scholarships are awarded each year.
4. Australia Awards Scholarships (Australia): Australia Awards Scholarships, formerly known as Australian Development Scholarships (ADS), provide opportunities for people from developing countries, particularly those countries located in the Indo-Pacific region, to undertake full time undergraduate or postgraduate study at participating Australian universities and Technical and Further Education (TAFE) institutions.
5. Eiffel Excellence Scholarship Programme (France): The Eiffel Excellence Scholarship Programme aims to attract the best foreign students for master’s and PhD degree programs at participating French Universities. Eiffel scholarship-holders receive a monthly allowance; it does not cover tuition fees. In addition, the scholarship covers various other expenses including return trip, health insurance and cultural activities.
6. Joint Japan World Bank Scholarships: The Joint Japan World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program (JJ/WBGSP) sponsors students from developing countries to pursue graduate studies leading to a master’s degree from preferred and partner universities around the world. The scholarship provides tuition, a monthly living stipend, round-trip airfare, health insurance, and travel allowance.
7. Gates Cambridge Scholarships (UK): The Gates Cambridge Scholarships are one of the most prestigious international scholarships which are open to all international students from all over the world. The scholarships are full-cost awards for graduate study and research in any subject available at the University of Cambridge. The scholarship covers the university fees, maintenance allowances, airfare, etc. About 100 new Gates Scholars are awarded annually.
8. Rotary Foundation Global Study Grants (Various Countries): The Rotary Foundation offers scholarship funding through the Rotary Foundation Global Grant scholarships. The scholarship funds graduate-level coursework or research for one to four academic years. The minimum budget for a global grant scholarship is $30,000.
9. Sweden – Swedish Institute Study Scholarship: Swedish Institute Study Scholarships for 12 Developing Countries to study for Undergraduate and Master’s degree programme. The scholarship covers both the tuition fee and living expenses to the amount of SEK8,000 (€878.9799) per month. Scholarship holders within the SI Study Scholarships will receive a travel grant in connection with the scholarship. The travel grant is a lump sum of SEK 10.000. (€ 1098.7249).
10. Knight-Hennesy Scholars Program at Stanford University (USA): The Knight-Hennessy Scholars program at Stanford University cultivates a diverse, multidisciplinary community of emerging leaders from around the world and guides them to collaborate, innovate, and communicate as they prepare to address the complex challenges facing society. The scholarships are towards full-time Masters and PhD degrees in any subject offered at Stanford. Knight-Hennessy Scholars receive a fellowship applied directly to cover tuition and associated fees, a stipend for living and academic expenses, and a travel grant.
For more scholarship opportunities as this, kindly use the subscription form below then select your preferred category of scholarship from the options available, add your email to our newsletter to receive latest scholarships direct to your mailbox all for free. ScholarsOwl.com promises never to SPAM you. We will try our possible best to deliver your preferred choice of listings.